Our first class together was absolutely nerve wracking! I didn't know if I should cry or throw up, I was a mess. I texted Brett before we started and told him "they're all staring at me!" My love's response: "well duh, you're the teacher!" He knows me. :) We started with introductions and questions, and have been slowly building our relationship. Did I mention that they are fabulous? I look at them and see what my instructors probably saw when they looked at my class 20 years ago. They're intelligent, thoughtful, funny, YOUNG, nervous about entering the education career, but eager at the same time. They have a passion for working with children and several of them want to serve children by joining law school, the Peace Corps, and becoming advocates in the community. They're beautiful.
I'm so blessed to have the opportunity to work with these young women. We spend a lot of our time in group discussion and they raise great questions about their future as teachers. We had a semi heated discussion about State Superintendent yesterday. :) I look at their faces and think "ok, we're putting our children in capable, caring hands. Now let's make sure we support these ladies with what they need."
I'm learning so much from them. Probably more than they will learn from me. I can't wait to see what they accomplish in their career, knowing they have one of the most difficult jobs in the world.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment